Vision & Values
Members & Leaders
Contact Us ]
Vision & Values
TUSA unites, organizes and trains leaders from diverse congregations to
build a powerful community voice. Individually and collectively, we empower
ourselves, hold officials accountable, achieve systemic change, and promote
fairness, justice and democracy in Toledo/Lucas County.
- TUSA will be the recognized effective voice of the voiceless,
demanding and achieving justice for all.
- TUSA will be a powerful instrument of change, able to awaken the
prophetic call of congregations to engage in justice issues.
- TUSA will grow to include 40 congregations and community groups as
fully participating members.
- TUSA will develop the capacity to mobilize 1,000 people for public
- TUSA will be financially stable and strong, securing investments from
a broad base of supporters, raising an annual budget in excess of
$150,000, and building an asset base that supports the long-term growth of
- TUSA will train leaders and strengthen networks in member
congregations, schools, and community groups, helping them to be
- TUSA will build bridges among diverse ethnic, racial and religious
- TUSA will transform Toledo/Lucas County into a community where all
people are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- We believe the members of all segments of the community should be
heard and valued.
- We believe that people themselves have the power to determine their
future and have a responsibility to speak up and demand justice for all.
- We put God first and seek divine guidance for all our actions.
- We believe that human beings are created in the image of God and
therefore deserve to be treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- We value the diversity of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural community.
- We display the highest level of integrity in all of our activities and
- We uphold moral and ethical standards in our congregations and in
Download the popular Hotspot Card
PDF, 278KB to notify us about suspicious, criminal, or destructive activity
anywhere in the Toledo area. We will share this anonymous information with city
officials to work out an effective solution.